We are currently open to a limited number of visitors Fridays, Saturdays, and Sunday. As we continue to welcome visitors, we consider many variables and take into account state and city guidelines, collaboration with VCU, and ongoing discussions with our own staff and museum peers around the world. We recognize that circumstances may change at any moment. But we are committed to serving the public under the safest possible conditions and under new norms, ones to which Richmonders across the city are already accustomed.
BEFORE YOU ARRIVE
- TIMED ENTRY: Capacity will be reduced to provide guests space to socially distance. A free, timed ticket is required for entry. Tickets available here.
- FACE COVERINGS: Face masks must be worn by all visitors older than five and will be worn by all staff members.
- PHYSICAL DISTANCING: Please remain at least 6 feet from others not in your party at all times. Parties may remain together, and children must stay with adults at all times.
- SAFETY PRECAUTIONS: Museum staff have increased the cleaning and disinfection of restrooms and frequently touched objects and surfaces. Hand sanitizer stations are located throughout the building.
- EXHIBITIONS AND PROGRAMMING: Alterations or adaptations to exhibits and experiences will be made to reduce interactions with high-touch surfaces. In-person programming will be temporarily suspended to reduce contact within large groups.
- COAT CHECK: Coat check is not available; large bags (more than 11×15 inches) are not permitted; no baby backpacks or children on shoulders; soft front-facing carriers and strollers are allowed.
- CAFE: Soul n’ Vinegar is closed at this time. Outside food and drink (excluding water bottles) are not permitted; drinking fountains are not available.
- STAY HOME IF SICK: No one with a fever or symptoms of COVID-19 or known exposure to a COVID-19 case in the prior 14 days, is permitted into the building.
- ASK A STAFF MEMBER: If you have questions while exploring the ICA, staff are located throughout the building.
In the interest of your personal safety and community health, please observe all precautions listed above.
Mon–Thurs | CLOSED
Fri–Sun | 10 AM–6 PM
Please email us for timed tickets if you are a visitor over 60 or at higher risk for severe illness.