We have been thoughtfully preparing to welcome you back. This has been a thorough process, one that considers many variables and takes into account state and city guidelines, collaboration with VCU, and ongoing discussions with our own staff and museum peers around the world. We recognize that circumstances may change at any moment. But we remain hopeful that we will be able to serve our public under the safest possible conditions and under new norms, ones to which Richmonders across the city are already becoming accustomed.
BEFORE YOU ARRIVE
- TIMED ENTRY: Capacity will be reduced to provide guests space to socially distance. A free, timed ticket is required for entry. Tickets available starting July 13 here.
- FACE COVERINGS: Face masks must be worn by all visitors older than 10, and will be worn by all staff members.
- PHYSICAL DISTANCING: Please remain at least 6 feet from others not in your party at all times. Parties may remain together, and children must stay with adults at all times.
- ENTERING THE MUSEUM: Please enter through the Pine St. entrance to the ICA (on the west side of the building, nearest the QQ parking lot). Please remain outside of entrance. An ICA staff member will operate entry doors for a no-contact experience.
- SAFETY PRECAUTIONS: Museum staff have increased the cleaning and disinfection of restrooms and frequently touched objects and surfaces. Hand sanitizer stations are located throughout the building.
- EXHIBITIONS AND PROGRAMMING: Alterations or adaptations to exhibits and experiences will be made to reduce interactions with high-touch surfaces. Programming will be temporarily suspended to reduce contact within large groups.
- COAT CHECK: Coat check is not available; large bags (more than 11×15 inches) are not permitted; no baby backpacks or children on shoulders; soft front-facing carriers and strollers are allowed.
- CAFE: Soul n’ Vinegar is closed at this time; outside food and drink are not permitted; drinking fountains are not available.
- ICA SHOP: The ICA Shop is closed at this time. Visit our Shop page to order the Great Force catalog.
- STAY HOME IF SICK: No one with a fever or symptoms of COVID-19 or known exposure to a COVID-19 case in the prior 14 days, is permitted into the building.
- ASK A STAFF MEMBER: If you have questions while exploring the ICA, staff are located throughout the building.
In the interest of your personal safety and community health, please observe all precautions listed above.
Sunday | 10 am–6 pm
Monday | CLOSED
Tuesday | CLOSED
Wednesday | CLOSED
Thursday | CLOSED
Friday | 10 am–6 pm
Saturday | 10 am–6 pm
Please email us for timed tickets if you are a visitor over 60 or at higher risk for severe illness.