Interested in joining the ICA team? Visit VCU eJobs to discover current opportunities. Only electronic applications submitted via VCU eJobs will be accepted. Materials sent to the ICA’s staff offices and email accounts will not be considered. For Federal Work Study opportunities, please apply via Handshake.
Applications will be reviewed until positions are filled or unless otherwise stated. Phone calls and emails to staff are respectfully discouraged.
The ICA is seeking a talented digital designer to join the Communications & Content Strategy team. This team seeks to build the ICA brand and engage the community through content for the website, social media, ads, as well as videos and photography. The team also manages public relations, media relations, design, and written content for the ICA.
Job Overview Statement
You’ll be responsible for producing content that matches the company’s brand, aesthetic, and marketing strategy, including social media graphics, email templates, website design, exhibition support, and promotional design needs. The ideal candidate should be able to efficiently combine creativity, functionality, and technology to produce engaging content. In this role, organizational and technical skills are key, and all candidates must possess in-depth knowledge of digital design and design software programs.
The person in the role will work closely with the ICA’s curatorial team, artists, the development team, the exhibition and experience design teams, the director of the community media center, and external web design, print, and installation vendors.
- Design, produce, and manage online content, including email templates, social media, promotional artwork, web design, ads, and digital productions
- Collaborate with the Curatorial, Development, and Facilities teams to ensure that all designs align with the brand guidelines, while also meeting usability and website standards
- Ensure consistency in designs and content across all platforms
- Design and produce materials for exhibitions, programs, and events
- Lead the creation of a new website with an external vendor, and manage long-term maintenance of web content and design assets
- Manage design projects from conception through delivery within a project management system
- Design and create print materials such as signage and branded collateral, as needed
- Assist on video shoots and photoshoots
- Develop and manage relationships with external vendors and agencies
- Present design ideas to all the relevant stakeholders, including colleagues, curators and artists
- Provide guidance and feedback on the aesthetic for campaigns, projects, and promotional events
- Mentor design interns and students
For more a full job description and to apply for this position, click here
Virginia Commonwealth University is an equal opportunity, affirmative action university providing access to education and employment without regard to age, race, color, national origin, gender, religion, sexual orientation, veteran’s status, political affiliation or disability.